Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let's have it a go then.

     This morning as I sat in church in Pittsburgh, I was daydreaming a bit.  Across the aisle from me sat Tony Norman.  He is a columnist for the Post Gazette, and I basically worship his columns.  So, this got my brain spinning and thinking about being a journalist.  I told my wife this as we drove home from church.  This did not garner much of a response since my "career" aspirations change on a monthly to weekly basis. 
     The reason journalism sounds cool right now is because I have such an appetite for current events, history, and information in general.  I also love to throw my opinions at people regardless of how interested they seem.  Additionally I'm currently a year and a half into my first real job, which I guess would make it a career.  Oh and this real job is the whole nursing thing.  Being an RN has many pluses and minuses and I really do feel like its the right thing for me now.  But.  I've always loved so many different things, the whole choosing what to do with my life has been difficult.  I mean there are so many things I want to do.  So this blog is the beginning of something I would like to do with my life.  Write.  Write about whats going on in the world and my opinion of it.  Ha, the modern age allows people to put their thoughts out there so easily.  Maybe I should have started with a letter to the editor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment